We like to talk about wood, and love working with this natural product. At our production plants, we manufacture sawn timber, veneers, and thermally treated wood. Specialising in European species such as oak, ash or breech, our plants are located in places where these resources grow: in the heart of Europe and America – Romania, Hungary, Austria and USA.
Better by miles
We have decades of experience behind us: the JAF Group has been active in the international sawn timber business for more than 70 years. Thanks to our expert knowledge, our team has a perfect nose for deciding which timber is right for our customers and the respective purpose.
As a full service supplier of sawn timber, JAF has direct access to all of the important procurement markets: we buy for our customers in the best forests and saw mills of Europe and import high quality sawn timber from our high performance partners in all continents.
Best wood from our own production
In addition, our sawmill J.F.Furnir in Braşov (Romania) processes high quality logs from all over the Europe – especially Romanian oak, ash, beech, cherry wood and maple. As well as steaming and kiln drying, we also produce special thicknesses and fix dimensions of sawn timber to our customers’ specifications. The JAF Group’s product range extends from unedged board to planed timber decking.
Production with High Quality Standards
We focus not only on high quality standards but on service, too! For us it goes without saying that perfect implementation concludes incorporating our customers' individual wishes into our production and customising. Get to know our factory and the employees of J.F.FURNIR in our video.
JAF Production Locations
- 100.000 m² production area
- 30.000 m³ logs processed every year for specific customer orders
- 6.000 m³ sawn timber
- 15.000.000 m² veneer
- 3-shift operations
- 4 production lines
- Main products: veneer, sawn timber, thermally modified timber
It makes no difference whether veneer, sawn or profiled timber, decking or thermo-treated wood: with its modern production plant in Romania, the JAF-Group is setting standards in matters of quality and taking customer service in new directions.
The technical core
State-of-the-art systems engineering can be found here in all areas: the first stage of all production processes in the plant is the use of the high-performance Bongioanni band saw ("1600"). In the ultra-modern thermal chamber, the sawn timber is modified at high temperatures and at the same time the oxygen content is reduced – thus making it durable for outdoor use in all weathers.
Quality of technology and know-how
The excellent location of the plant in Transylvania with its wealth of forests is an absolute advantage. But the qualification level of the around 400 employees speaks for itself too: Braşov is also home to Transilvania University with its specialized courses in wood technology and wood design – a good foundation for the guarantee of consistently high-quality products and services.
For more information visit the J.F.Furnir website.
- Delivery of 2.500 m³ logs per year;
- Material that is sliced from logs appx. 1.300 m³ / year;
- Drying capacity of 500 m³ / year, in 1 chamber;
- Additional 5.600 m³ drying capacity by service in other mills;
- 1.400 m² of stocking ground, from which 600 m² roofed;
- Main products: beech lumber, different thickness, and lengths, edged and unedged.
Laa an der Thaya, Austria
- 17.000 m² production area
- 5.000 m³ sawn timber
- 2.000 m³ of cut-to-size available
- 2-shift operation
- Drying capacity: 2.000 m³ in 5 drying chambers
- Main products: oak, ash
Sankt Marein, Austria
- Delivery of 15.000 m³ wood/year
- 3.000 m³ planing output/year
- Drying capacity: 6.000 m³ in 6 drying chambers
- 21.000 m² stocking ground, out of which 11.000 m² roofed
- Main products: European highgrade wood, Siberian larch, and exotic wood.
- Warehouse: 5.000 m²
- Air drying yard: 20.000 m²
- Drying capacity: 20.000 m³ in 17 drying chambers
- Special services: ripping and machining
- Main products: hardwood, fixed dimensions (width and length)